General information about Close Protection SIA LEVEL 3 CLOSE PROTECTION Course
- Guided learning hours: 140
- Credit value: 16
- Days: 13 Days
- Birmingham Price: £1399
We aim to provide you with solutions to obtain the most affordable close protection qualification in the UK. Less price for the close protection course does not mean that we would compromise on quality. We intend to provide affordable training solutions.
The close protection course linking to SIA license can be completed in a period of thirteen days. However, you have to remember that in order to complete this qualification you be required to demonstrate you have dedication and commitment to finish the close protection training over a period of thirteen days.
Who should do the close protection course?
If you dream of working as a bodyguard close protection operative for celebrities and want to experience glamor of the rich and famous plus you have a passion for security, this is the qualification for you. After doing the close protection training you would be able to apply for the highly esteemed close protection license from SIA which will allow you to work as a close protection officer in the United Kingdom, you may escort and accompany celebrities and dignitaries to other countries.
How much can I earn?
After doing the close protection training you can earn up to £300 per day depending upon your experience and profile.
Qualification Overview of Close Protection Course
Level 3 qualifications in Close Protection have been developed by the awarding bodies to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA Specifications for Learning and Qualifications and provides the learner with the necessary knowledge and understanding for those who wish to apply for an SIA license and work as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
|Mandatory Group||Minimum Units:||3|
|M/616/0727||Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry||2||0||8|
|F/616/0750||Planning, Preparing and Supporting a Close Protection Operation||3||9||76|
|A/616/0729||Working as a Close Protection Operative||3||0||56|
Entry requirements for Close Protection training
There are no restrictions the learner should be 18 and above and have competency in English.
What would you learn in close protection course training?
- Understand the legislation that to people working in the close protection industry.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
- Know the importance of threat assessment and risk management
- Introduction to Surveillance techniques
- Venue security operations
- Know how to design and demonstrate operational planning
- Importance of interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and its importance
- How to conduct close protection foot drills
- Planning and selecting routes
- Vehicle movement tactics and operations
- Search techniques and procedures for close protection operations
- Apply conflict management techniques providing close protection
- Carry out basic search techniques for people, vehicles, and property
- Conduct room search
- Complete a reconnaissance activity
- Use basic surveillance, anti-surveillance, and counter surveillance techniques
- Apply basic negotiation skills
- Conduct a team briefing, handover and debrief
- Complete a threat and risk assessment using a decision-making model
- Develop an operational plan
- Produce primary and secondary route plans using paper-based and technology-based resources
- Implement an operational plan
- Use a flexible approach to protection on foot
- Use a range of communication techniques on foot
- Carry out body protection of a principal
- Extraction of a principal on foot
- Embus and debus techniques
- Manage a close protection operation
First Aid requirement for the Close Protection Course
It is an SIA requirement that centers must confirm that each learner has a valid first aid qualification OR can evidence sufficient training or experience to the:
- Level of the First Person on Scene (FPOS) Intermediate Award – 30 hours (Pearson / IHCD) or
- Level 3 Award in First Aid Response (HABC) or equivalent.
- Level 3 First aid at work award (QCF)
Do you have a Valid First Aid at work Qualification
If you have your qualification you do not need to do the first aid qualification again, you would be required produce evidence on the first day of the training.
You do not have the qualification, we would arrange the Level 3 first aid at work course for you at a price of £150 for 3 days. You have the option to do it with us or any other training provider.