SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR
Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate is required to join Door Supervisor Course
Important: If you do the door supervisor course you don’t need to do the security guard course. The SIA door supervisor license covers both door supervisor and security guards, thus no one opts for the security guard license.
- Duration: 6 Days
- Assessment: Multiple choice questions and practical
- Minimum Age: 18 and above
To work as a door supervisor in the security industry of UK. You need to do the door supervisor course with an SIA compliant training provider. The door supervisor course is a 6 days training, the price of the course in London is as stated above if booked online. The Door Supervisor course after successful completion allows you to apply for your SIA door supervisor license.
Door Supervisor Course Core Units
Unit 1: Principles of Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics and purposes of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to a security operative
- Understand arrest procedures relevant to security operatives
- Understand the importance of safe working practices
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a security operative
- Understand record keeping relevant to the role of the security operative
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand good practice for post incident management
Unit 2: Principles of Working as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security
- Understand crimes relevant to door supervision
- Know how to conduct effective search procedures
- Understand drug-misuse legislation, issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor.
- Understand preservation of evidence relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand licensing law relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
Unit 3: Application of Conflict Management in the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to the role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand the use of problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
- Be able to communicate to deescalate conflict
Unit 4: Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
More about Door Supervisor Course
The role of the door supervisor
Door supervisors are security operatives working at licensed premises, bars, night clubs, hotels, restaurants and large events. The main role of a door supervisor is to make sure customers have an enjoyable experience in a safe environment.
Attending training and passing the national qualification provides the minimum knowledge and understanding to start working as a door supervisor. They must be licensed by the regulatory body for the UK security industry- the SIA Security industry authority.
Door supervisor responsibilities
- Controlling entry
- Maintaining order
- Helping customers
- Ensuring health and safety
- First aid
Will I receive my training certificate?
You have done your training and successfully passed the door supervisor course. Depending on the awarding organization you should get your certificate within ten working days.
Can a door supervisor work as a security guard?
Yes, a door supervisor can work as a normal security guard on the contrary a normal security guard cannot work as door supervisors need to work on licensed premises. In order for him to work on licensed premises, he needs to undergo the required training.
Door supervisor course or security guard course?
In our opinion, the door supervisor qualification is better and is good value for the money that you spend. A door supervisor can do all the work that a normal security guard can do, he work on licensed premises, include where alcohol is dealt with.
You intend to join the security industry then we recommend that you do the SIA door supervisor course rather than the security guard course.
How long it takes to get an SIA license?
After you have completed the training for the door supervisor course and you receive your certificate. You need to complete the SIA application form available from the SIA website. It would take anything between 3 to 4 weeks you get your SIA license.
What documents do I need to do the door supervisor course?
To do any SIA linked qualification, you would be required to show certain documents these documents have been divided into group A and group B documents. If you have two documents from group A you do not need any other document. If you have one document from group A, you would be required to have an additional two documents from group B. To have a look at the acceptable form of IDs to do the door supervision qualification follow the link documents required for door supervisor training
Learner Entry Requirements for Door Supervisor Course
Security officers are required to coordinate with emergency services. Door supervisors need to have good communication and conflict management skills. Qualified security operatives would be required to prevent and if required to manage conflict. To communicate clearly and effectively security officers require good communication skills. Learners intending to join the door supervisor course should have a reasonable understanding of English.